The Nelson Hollow Bridge is believed to be the oldest covered bridge in New Brunswick and the only remaining covered bridge in Northumberland County. It is also one of only two New Brunswick bridges built with a “hip” or cottage-style roof.
First constructed in 1870 and rebuilt in 1899, the bridge is 24.5 meters long and spans Betts Mill Brook about 4 km west of Doaktown. In 1977 it was restored through the efforts of the Central Miramichi Historical Society and is now owned and maintained by the New Brunswick Department of Transportation
Directions: Exit off Route 8 (near the Doaktown Village limits to the west) to Nelson Hollow Drive. Follow the dead-end road for approximately 0.2 km.